We are excited to host the 72nd Annual Meeting of the Southern Neurosurgical Society at the beautiful Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, FL
After having to cancel our 2021 meeting, and enduring a year of uncertainty and challenge, we are glad to gather again in person to discuss our theme of “What Does it Mean to Be a Southern Neurosurgeon?” We are excited to welcome Clay Risen, reporter and editor at the New York Times, as our Downing Lecturer, and to have Julian van Winkle and Rodney Scott join us for special whiskey tastings and fantastic BBQ during Family Night. Features to note:
- Dr. Madison Michael has put together a spectacular scientific program.
- J Mocco and Harry van Loveren—two of the most remarkable leaders in neurosurgery—will give the Semmes and Hudson lectures.
- We will honor Allan Friedman as our Distinguished Practitioner.
- Our invited speakers will share their expertise and enthusiasm as they go in-depth with cutting edge topics.
We are visiting south Florida in peak season, so please book your hotel rooms as soon as possible, particularly if you plan an extended stay. It has been an incredible honor to serve as President of the Southern these past two years. We look forward to reconnecting with you this February.
Jay Howington, MD
Scientific Program Committee:
L. Madison Michael, II, MD, Chair
Dennis Rivet, MD
Eric Thompson, MD
P. Ryan Lingo, MD
Includes admittance to meeting, program book and other materials, breakfast and coffee breaks on program days, Welcome Reception, Family Night, and the Final Banquet.
- SNS Member Neurosurgeon: $600
- Non-Member Neurosurgeon: $725
- Resident/Fellow: $250
- Nurse/PA/Allied Health: $425
- Adult Guest (18+): $325
- Teen (Age 13–17): $125
- Child (Age 3–12): $75
- Young Child (Under 3): $0
Additional $50 fee applies for registrations received after January 18th and on-site.
Call for Abstracts
Members and non-members are invited to submit abstracts for presentation during the course. We encourage you to submit abstracts relating to current and emerging techniques and technology, evidence-based approaches to neurosurgical practice, and basic science studies relevant to neurosurgery.
- Military, veteran, or global neurosurgery
- Peripheral Nerve
To submit your abstract and review submission guidelines, visit www.southernneurosurgery.org/call-for-abstracts.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The Diplomat Beach Resort | 3555 South Ocean Drive | Hollywood, FL 33019
- Online: Click Here to make your hotel reservations.
- Call: 1-855-689-2911
- Ask to book a room for the SNS 2022 Annual Meeting at The Diplomat Beach Resort.
- 55" HDTV with Google Chromecast™
- Deep soaking tub and separate glass-enclosed shower
- Nespresso® coffee machines
- C.O. Bigelow bath amenities
- 10% discount at the Diplomat Spa & Wellness
- Complimentary guestroom wifi for up to 5 devices
- Daily hour on all non-motorized water sports